Thursday, June 27, 2013

Hijacked! again...

This idea of getting Young Life started in San Marcos, Ca
{pop. 85,000}
has been in my head and heart since we moved here 5 years ago.
I was pregnant with Jack. 
Selfishly. I want YL for my boys. 
I want them to know a wild and crazy, uncomfortable,
infinitely good and loving, unconventional, always unpredictable
Jesus.

The way I met Him. 
The way I know Him.

And I've been praying.
And then I heard this from my very smart friend last August.
And in pure Erin style,
 I decided to bring YL to the city all in my own timing. 
(right now! of course)
All in my own strength
(With a tiny prayer that God would help me with my big project)
Isn't that sweet of me?!? 
And of course I got super overwhelmed after about 5 minutes and I remembered

"Apart from me you can do nothing."
and
"With God all things are possible."

So right now I'm just trying to let God be God and do what he does best.
I'm trying not to run out ahead and hijack the whole thing. 

Lord, we lift up every single heart in San Marcos to you.
We give you Young Life here.
We pray that you would pour out your love and your mercy and your grace on us.
We pray for the presence of your holy spirit.
We pray for your very self, Jesus. 

We pray for a strong and stable committee.
Adults to love and care for and believe in kids in San Marcos.
We pray for each and every kid in junior high and highschool RIGHT now Lord. 
that they would know you. 
We pray for the elementary school kids who will know you through Young Life.
Soften and prepare their hearts.
Give us eyes to see you and ears to hear you.
Teach us how to love this city and this world with your crazy love.





No comments:

Post a Comment